For a long time, I resisted posting the vision of Ordinary.
I do not yet live my life with the quiet wholeness of the village inhabitants and did not want to be a hypocrite.
More and more, though, I recognized that to live the life I dream, I must start somewhere.
Since I began working with Ordinary, I have found my choices are more often peaceful.
Frequently--not every time--but frequently, I catch myself before I use my sometimes caustic tongue in response to a hurtful moment.
Situations that tend to make me tense and uncomfortable are easier.
Example: I usually resist social events. But increasingly I enjoy them, seek them. Last night, at a business dinner with five others, none of whom are bosom buddies and each of whom I admire in some way, I basked in the glow of the simple conversation and the beauty in their faces.
A year ago, that dinner meeting would have been fraught with tension, and very likely I would have had a severe headache before the end of the evening.
This gives me hope that I can build a habit of responding to any situation with peace. And if I can do that, others can.
What do you think? How do you make peace in your life?
Wednesday, June 29, 2005
Ordinary changes
Posted by
graceonline
at
10:03 PM
Send this post to a friend
2 viewers commented on this post.
Add your comment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I find that Ordinary is helping me cope with stresses as well. It stays with me throughout the day and calms me. Thank you so much for your vision!
ReplyDeleteI find peace by protecting my integrity, by remembering kindness as a first response, and by seeking comforting images. Like you, I'm not always successful. I still like to watch a good murder mystery or CSI on television, and I enjoy reading about bounty hunter Stephanie Plum in Janet Evanovich novels. How can I truly want to find peace while concurrently enjoying violence for entertainment?
ReplyDeleteI find that Ordinary compels me to consider the incongruencies in my life. I desire the Ordinary lifestyle. Can we create a present and real Village of Ordinary now? Because I want to move in asap!