Sunday, September 06, 2009

I'm moving! New name, new URL

Grattan School Garden Sign To Here To There
To here, to there
Image: © L. Kathryn Grace
Six years ago, when I first published this blog, I had two objectives: To encourage discussion about the Village of Ordinary, and to collect stories about real people and real technology that show just how possible Ordinary is today.

What I've discovered is absolutely amazing: Thousands and thousands, perhaps millions of people, all over the world are working to grow a social structure more like Ordinary than not. I've posted a few of their stories along the way, but there are many, many more.

To reflect that Ordinary is no longer merely a vision--a dream to which we can only hope and aspire--but a real-world possibility right now, I am pursuing the work under a more appropriate name: Building Ordinary. You may not see a big difference right away. Cosmetically, only the name and URL have changed, but you may notice that the new blog is more personal in nature, occasionally more political, and more strongly encourages your participation. That's because we need each other. Building a sustainable, peaceful community requires connection, a deepening understanding of one another.

Join me there, won't you? Together, we are building a better world, one blog post, one energy-efficient light bulb, one straw bale house, one organic garden, one micro-loan, one eco-village, one re-charged aquifer, one political action, one kindness, one life saved, and surely one day at a time.


All text and images, unless otherwise noted, copyright L. Kathryn Grace. All rights reserved.







Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

  1. How did I miss this? I have added Building Ordinary to my blog roll and to my Bloglines. Now I should be able to keep up with you. So sorry I missed this post. I have been wondering where you were. So glad to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fault entirely, Wanda. I took the blog offline in September while I decided how to move forward. Didn't bring it live again until Thanksgiving Day, when I finally felt ready for a soft launch of the new blog. I cherish your faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katharyn. Just came to know about your blog so I am still exploring. I discovered it while researching on Dr. Anil Joshi, whom I interviewed a week ago. If I am not mixing it up, during the time I was having conversation with Dr. Joshi, he introduced me with a lady named Kathryn! Joyful coincidence, you'd say?

    Your blog is very interesting. If you like, you can check mine too.
    http://www.pabitraspeaks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a very interesting blog. Tell me how long the work with him? I also have a blog but I just http://workaspleasure.blogspot.com develop. Could you give me your advice on improving my site?

    ReplyDelete

Join the dialogue. Post a comment here. Please keep it clean for all audiences. Spam will be deleted immediately.