Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Playing for change

We interrupt our regularly scheduled post to bring you this treat from Playing for Change: Peace through Music.



Music is a dominant feature in the Village of Ordinary, as important as food and friendship. Mark Johnson, Jonathon Walls and the people of Playing for Change believe music can help the people of the world make peace. They circle the globe, videotaping ordinary street musicians playing the same song, just as you see in the vid above.

That isn't all they do. Go to their website and learn more. Be amazed.

Everywhere I turn, people are building Ordinary, one idea, one video, one committed step at a time. Who do you know who is building a piece of Ordinary? Share the vision. Tell us about it.

4 comments:

  1. That is so cool. I love how that piece came together. I miss The Village of Ordinary. Will you be returning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on Bill Moyers' Journal both times it was broadcast. I wanted to purchase a copy but it's not available. Added it to our Netflix queue and discovered it will be a "very long wait". Hopefully people are enjoying the music and taking the message seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this idea and this music is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing it. Thank you too for stopping by to visit my blog and leaving such a wonderfully kind comment. It gave me a big smile. :D

    ReplyDelete

Join the dialogue. Post a comment here. Please keep it clean for all audiences. Spam will be deleted immediately.