Thursday, October 06, 2005

Evening replay

It seems I cannot move forward with Rose's next post until I noodle more with Evening. I'm not happy with it--the tempo is off. It's way too long. On reflection, an apartment complex constructed in concentric circles would take too much land, especially on a hillside sloping to a lake. Views would be lost.

The complex needs to be airy, open, and bring more of the forest from which it was hewn into the lives of the folk living there.

S suggests cutting the circles in half.

Of course! Arcs solve so many problems in architecture as well as landscaping. They evoke the circle, wholeness, openness to possibilities, to wind, to storm, to laughter. Arcs embrace without excluding. Thank you, S.

It may be a while before Evening lets me go.

1 comment:

  1. The circle apartment complexes made me think of Chaco Canyon. That's where I thought you were taking the story.

    ReplyDelete

Join the dialogue. Post a comment here. Please keep it clean for all audiences. Spam will be deleted immediately.